CONSULTANT (M/F): BHA-FUNDED PROJECT – “IMPROVING ACCESS TO BASIC WATER AND SHELTER SERVICES.” – FINAL EVALUATION – NWS – Syrian Arab Republic
Start period: As soon as possible
Duration: 1 month
Location : Northwestern Syria
ABOUT THE MISSION
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL (SI) is a humanitarian NGO which is committed to meeting the vital needs of populations facing a major crisis of human or natural origin and to strengthening their resilience, particularly in terms of water, sanitation and Hygiene, and food safety.
SI is an international non-profit, apolitical and non-religious organization established in Afghanistan in 1980 and headquartered in Paris, France. SI is operational in 18 countries around the world, including Syria.
After nearly a decade of conflict in Syria, the impact of present and past hostilities on civilians remains the main driver of humanitarian needs. The North-East (NES) and North-West Syria (NWS) contexts are both characterized by: (i) continuous and protracted displacements with low possibilities of return, in densely populated areas where aid humanitarian aid is overburdened, (ii) the lack of durable alternative solutions, such as resettlement or possible reintegration within the host community due to social and cultural problems, as well as the willingness of authorities to protect local communities , (iii) depletion of productive assets and savings, (iv) hardship economic opportunities and (v) widespread destruction and contamination of agriculture and water-related infrastructure by explosive remnants as well as that other infrastructures have had a profound impact on the population. Finally, the COVID-19 pandemic threatens to further aggravate a fragile situation with a potentially disastrous impact on the vulnerability levels of communities in the region.
ABOUT THE JOB
The final evaluation should be carried out under one of the evaluation procedures mentioned in the project monitoring and evaluation plan in order to assess the performance and achievements of the project, as indicated in the evaluation questions. Evaluation. As the implementation of the project will be completed by April 30, 2022, it is a contractual obligation for SI to assess the performance of the project in achieving the planned goals and objectives by carrying out the agreed activities. Project evaluation aims to measure the performance of the project against the previously agreed indicators provided with the logical framework. Evaluation findings will be used for learning and good practice to inform project management, program design, resource mobilization and MEAL for possible adaptation in ongoing project and future programming internally and externally.
In general, the team of evaluators will combine the following criteria:
- Strong and diverse experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian assistance activities and information management and information systems, particularly for USAID-funded projects
- Experience in evaluating WASH-related interventions (preferably in an emergency context for reputable donor agencies and international organizations
- Solid knowledge of data protection
- Experience in remote project management
- Working knowledge of English and excellent report writing,
- Full working knowledge of Arabic
- Proven experience in conducting similar assessments.
How to register
Interested applicants are required to submit their proposal to [email protected] with “2504 – External Evaluation – Application” as the subject, using the following guidelines:
- Cover letter – one page maximum
- Technical Proposal – 6 pages including the following but not limited to
o Relevant experience – Assessments and evaluations of WASH-related projects
o Understanding of the mission
o Methodology, sampling, tools and techniques proposed
o Propose a clear timeline for the investigation
o Approach for data collection, cleaning, analysis, frequencies
o Propose the outline of the investigation report
o Composition of the team, their CVs and assigned roles in the survey
- Financial proposal. Includes a breakdown of costs such as assessor fees, training, fixed costs, travel and accommodation, etc.
- Sample copy of at least two similar assignments in previous jobs.
Here you will find the terms of reference: