6 recent donations to health organizations
Six health care organizations recently received philanthropic donations to establish chairs, create programs and support capital projects. Becker’s reported the following since February 3:
1. Florida hospital creates chair in heart surgery with $10 million donation
Jupiter (Florida) Medical Center received a $10 million gift from philanthropist and businessman Leonard Abramson to establish an endowed chair in cardiac surgery.
2. $45 million gift creates Northwestern Medicine Cardiac Hospital
Chicago-based Northwestern Memorial Hospital is opening a heart hospital after a $45 million gift from philanthropist Neil G. Bluhm and the Bluhm Family Charitable Foundation.
3. St. Mary’s receives record $20 million donation
New York-based St. Mary’s Children’s Health System has received a $20 million gift, which will go toward financial stability and launch innovative programs, including remote service delivery.
4. UMass School of Medicine Receives $15 Million Gift for Neuroscience Program
UMass Chan Medical School has received a $15 million donation from alumni Dan and Diane Casey Riccio to continue neuroscience research, the Telegram and Gazette reported on Feb. 7.
5. PeaceHealth Receives $50 Million Donation for Hospital Expansion
Vancouver, Washington-based PeaceHealth has received a $50 million donation, which will be used to expand PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington.
6. Memorial Sloan Kettering Receives $100 Million Gift to Establish Cancer Ecosystems Project
New York-based Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center received a $100 million donation, creating the Marie-Josée and Henry R. Kravis Cancer Ecosystems Project, named after the donors.